Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Positive


positive, originally uploaded by varohaub.

This little girl just tested positive for HIV. The pandemic in Southern Africa is devastating in ways that aren't easily described. Just imagine this little girl multiplied by thousands. Thousands of children without parents, and thousands more with HIV themselves.

She will get medicine, and she'll be well taken care of, which is more than I can say for most of the HIV-positive children in the squatter camps in South Africa.

I'm here with a "Grannie Brigade," a set of older ladies who came here to love on kids as much as they can while they're here. I'm here for different reasons, but I'm grateful I get to travel with these amazing ladies.

We visited the beautiful Lighthouse Childrens Shelter this morning.

Photo by Jeremy Varo-Haub, Fort Lauderdale, Florida - USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi