Monday, October 24, 2005

the NO face


the NO face, originally uploaded by Tatiana Cardeal.

In my country, in my heart.

Photo by Tatiana Cardeal, São Paulo - BRASIL.

Moderator's Comments:

So sad, I am so sad!

It seems that two thirds of the Brazilian population seem to think that they are preserving their rights as a citizen by having said "NO".
I hope they think twice about their rights the moment they get a gun pointed at their head, like I have had, and then maybe understand that at such moments nobody wants to hear about your rights because that is when you need to understand how the other half live and why they are pointing that gun at your head. If the trigger doesn't go off, you'll be lucky, like I was, - but you'll need to have some good arguments and believe me, saying "No" certainly won't protect your life on such moments, neither will a gun.

Thanks for caring all you good citizens who believe that we will have a better Brazil without arms and a better world without arms. But I'm really sorry to have to say that we are now going to be witness to many more than the 38.000 killings each year in Brazil because the "daring" side of this referendum was actually risking a "No".

Knowing Brazilian mentality the way I do (and I don't mean to offend, but please remember we are living in a very wealthy country that still chooses to abandon hundreds of thousands of children on the streets and turn a blind eye to them), this very strong signal will enforce what I already mentioned above in the minds of the many millions that refrained from voting or could not make a clear decision.

You know the saying: "If you can't beat them, then join them!"

I hope for sake of our children that will not be the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi