Monday, August 22, 2005

Observing the Irretrievable


Observing the Irretrievable, originally uploaded by AnomalousNYC.

"This Yemeni boy lives in my neighborhood. I don't run into him often but he gets so excited whenever he sees me on the sidewalk, because he knows I always have my camera with me. He invariably asks me to take his picture and then bursts out with a squeal of excitement every time I try to take it. I only ever get one quick shot before he grabs the camera and demands to see - when he does, he screams and runs down the street laughing..."

"I felt like posting this as a kind of response to my previous post, one of the most depressing portraits I've ever done. The visible troubles of the last photo were still there, weighing on me, and it filled this one with darkness. It makes me happy to see him smiling, despite everything, finding incomplicated delight in the simple pleasures of this heavy, heavy world."


From the fantastic photo gallery of street portraiture by Anomalous, Lower East Side - NYC, USA.

This is my tribute to you Anomalous!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do not feed the trolls... this man is a racist, anti-semite who doe snot need your publicity... He might be a good shutter bug, but Hitler was a good painter... you are not going to post his stuff now are you?

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi